Monday, June 9, 2008

job meeting results

We met with my supervisor and the county director today. We've agreed on leave without pay from now through July 7th (my next appointment) and I can apply for a longer period of leave if necessary at that time. In the meantime, we will be seeking a second opinion from another Neurologist and hoping to get my medication under control. We talked about jobs available for me in the future and got the information we needed to help make our decision when it is time. Our issue now is making sure my benefits continue while I'm on leave so that I can continue to get my medication and doctor visits without us spending a small fortune. Thanks for your prayers and support during this uncertain time! We moved back to our apartment last night and endured our first night back since the seizure. We didn't get tons of sleep, but it went better than expected. Keep us in your prayers, there's a lot of decisions to come in the coming weeks and months. We are hopeful that each day will continue to get a little easier as time unfolds.

2 comments:

live compassionately said...

Love you Cara. If there is anything at all that I can do please don't hesitate to let me know :)

Amanda said...

i second that!