Friday, December 12, 2008

irony?

"Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you when you think everything's okay and everything's going right."

So, I went to the Neuro yesterday. He was very pleased with my progress. I was cleared to drive. He encouraged me to go back to work. (I'm going to start part-time somewhere, I think full-time is still risky.)

And then...

I woke up to a partial seizure. It was followed by 5-6 (I couldn't keep track) within a few minutes. This is a huge and devastating disappointment. More so because I had the majority awake. This hasn't happened since June. 6 months ago. Great. Just when I was getting more comfortable with the idea of driving and actually driving...BAM. Why must the moon and tides torment me so! (That's for you, Maggie.) But seriously. It seems that I get over small and big hurdles and then there is a setback.

Honestly. It was not even 24 hours ago that I was in his office and happy and felt like things couldn't be better.


"Isn't it ironic; Don't you think?"

7 comments:

Mike said...

Nah. I don't think it's ironic.

I think it just sucks.

Mags said...

sucky moon. I'm telling ya, I have had 26 years (almost 27) of full moon bad luck. Now I know you. sort of. apparently not such an amazing thing. I think my luck has rubbed the wrong way. I will fix this. hmmm. (not sure how yet!).

THEN AGAIN maybe just maybe you need to continue your short driving trials and maybe add a little work but more importantly, enjoy the most of life :) I bet that epilepsy not only came out from the moon but didn't like the fact you wanted to work! ha!

Jenn said...

that most definitely blows. i am sorry.

Team Honnoll said...

this really brings my high straight down. i don't know why things happen the way that they do or to the people that they do, but i do know that our God is good, and i have been encouraged by your steadfastness. i hope you will still be able to drive and work part time. (but if you can't "work" part time and still want something to do, i know the perfect 1st grade class for you to be a part of...)

Team Honnoll said...

P.S. If you want to read something funny, read one of the posts on my sister's blog- Ohthatmom.blogspot.com- go all the way down to the post "It's That Cold". I hope it cheers you up, friend! :)

Amanda Fortney said...

man, i'm so sorry. well, at least you have the coolest car ever!

abby coyle photo said...

i hate that for you:( but God always has a plan...