I'm checking in to let you know how I'm doing with my New Year Efforts so far! I graded myself, so cut me a little slack but I tried to be really honest!
1. Be nicer. (React slower, keep your mouth shut, be stingy with your opinions.)
----I'm working really hard on this one. So far, I feel like I'm doing pretty well! A-
2. Honk less. (Be a nicer driver in general.)
----Surprisingly, I've done really well with this! (But I will admit, this last week I've done a lot of talking to other drivers from behind my car windows.) B+
3. Volunteer at a local non-profit. Currently considering Infant Crisis Services, Citizens Caring for Children, and CASA.
----*crickets chirping* F
4. Show my face and get to know students at Destiny Urban Academy on a regular basis. (I'm on the board of this school and have only visited the students once in almost a year. Not acceptable!)
----*more crickets* F
5. Send more mail. I think I've sent a total of 5 cards this year. (Not counting xmas cards.) It's always fun to get mail!
----I've sent 5 cards so far! A!
6. Play some music on a semi-regular basis. (Meaning, an instrument. That guitar is collecting dust!)
----I've played my guitar a few times, but not regularly. B-
7. Be vigilant about date nights with your husband. Pick a night and guard it like Fort Knox.
----I'll skip this subject for now.
8. Get serious about your health! Stop watching Biggest Loser and start making changes!
----I was doing really well with my Jillian Michaels dvd and Zumba. But Jillian has been on vacation for a few weeks. :-/ C-
9. Get involved on some level at church. Join a small group, go to a class or bible study. Dare I say Sunday School???
----I'm currently doing Financial Peace for the second time. B+
10. Take your friendships to the next level. (Remember special times (bdays, anniversaries) LISTEN, be thoughtful, and be REAL.)
11. Take more pictures of your life.
----D. I'm not completely failing but I'm not passing either.
That's all for now.