I'll be adding (and hopefully not subtracting) from this list of goals for 2011!
1. Be nicer. (React slower, keep your mouth shut, be stingy with your opinions.)
2. Honk less. (Be a nicer driver in general.)
3. Volunteer at a local non-profit. Currently considering Infant Crisis Services, Citizens Caring for Children, and CASA.
4. Show my face and get to know students at Destiny Urban Academy on a regular basis. (I'm on the board of this school and have only visited the students once in almost a year. Not acceptable!)
5. Send more mail. I think I've sent a total of 5 cards this year. (Not counting xmas cards.) It's always fun to get mail!
6. Play some music on a semi-regular basis. (Meaning, an instrument. That guitar is collecting dust!)
7. Be vigilant about date nights with your husband. Pick a night and guard it like Fort Knox.
8. Get serious about your health! Stop watching Biggest Loser and start making changes!
9. Get involved on some level at church. Join a small group, go to a class or bible study. Dare I say Sunday School???
10. Take your friendships to the next level. (Remember special times (bdays, anniversaries) LISTEN, be thoughtful, and be REAL.)
11. Take more pictures of your life.
It's a place to start. When I add items or accomplish/"in-progress" items, I'll re-post the list. Who's with me?!