Saturday, June 27, 2009

weddings


Last night was Emily's wedding. She's an amazing, beautiful and faithful friend of mine from college. She's from Michigan. We lived in a townhouse together senior year and it was fate. Only knowing her barely 2 school years, I asked her to be a bridesmaid in my wedding. I knew that we would be friends for a very long time. She's one of those pause/unpause friends. Not a lot of maintenance required, you just pick up right where you left off. I love that.

Emily married Tyler. Tyler is so great. I met him just over a year ago when Emily was in town for a wedding. From our first handshake, I knew that he was the perfect fit for her. He is so gracious, caring and just an all-around great guy. I met Tyler's mom in March of '08. I spent time with she and her husband Lee during Nic and Jen's wedding in Michigan in November of '08. They are amazing parents. They have 2 great boys that have been raised by patient, guiding and steadfast people. Between Nic and Jen's wedding and our stay in DC back in January for the inauguration, I've been able to watch the way Tyler is with others but especially Emily. I've never seen someone love someone so obviously. Ugh, he's great.

So yesterday they got married. It was just a moving experience to be a participant in their day. I can't get over it and I can't adequately explain it. I got teary eyed seeing the anticipation on both of their faces and the happiness that both of their parents were exuding watching the ceremony. AH! It was great.

So that's all. I just had to get that out. I love it when people know how to love each other. I also love to be a part of it.

2 comments:

Sarah Thompson said...

pause/unpause friends are my favorite. they are very rare.

Mags said...

pause/unpause ARE GREAT! Love that you loved this wedding full of so much love :)